RONAN O' REILLY, Partner
- Educated in St. Joseph’s Drogheda NS and Clongowes Wood College
- Holds a B Comm Degree from UCD
- Currently Chairman at Ordnance Survey Ireland
Ronan qualified as a solicitor in 1981. Ronan has worked in general practice since then. Over the last 20 years Ronan has concentrated on litigation and has extensive experience in all aspects of accident and personal injury law. Ronan advises and helps people dealing with all types of injuries and claims to ensure they get the best possible outcome. Ronan has most recently acted for clients in the following cases
- Secured a compensation payout in excess of €2.5 million for a client involved in a serious Road Traffic Accident
- Pursuing medical negligence cases for clients
- Work accident case
- Product liability
- Trip and fall accidents
- Defamation cases
Ronan has extensive experience in dealing with Residential Institutions and Redress Board and Garda Compensation Claims.
Ronan also has a strong business background and regularly meets with clients to assist and advise them in relation to their ongoing dealings with lending institutions.
JOSEPH THOMAS, Partner
- Educated in Gormanstown College
- Holds a BCL Degree from UCD
- Holds a Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing from the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Is an Accredited Mediator and is a member of the Mediators Institute of Ireland
- Holds an LLM from Nottingham Law School
- A Diploma in Arbitration from UCD
Joe has lectured and tutored in the Law Society on the subjects of Conveyancing, Landlord & Tenant and Mediation. He has also acted as internal examiner on conveyancing in the Law School.
He is vice chair of the Conveyancing Committee of the Law Society. Joe regularly acts as an expert witness in conveyancing matters.
Joe has written and been published on both conveyancing and mediation.
- Educated in Harestown NS and Sacred Heart School Drogheda
- Holds a BA (Psychology) Degree from Trinity College Dublin
- Holds a Diploma in European Law from the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Is a Tax Consultant and an Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute
- Holds a Diploma in Civil Litigation from the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Holds a Certificate in Banking Law and Practice
Anna qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Anna joined O Reilly Thomas Solicitors in July 2007. She has been involved in all aspects of the practice and now specialises in the Private Client area.
Anna provides legal advice in the area of Wills Drafting, Estate Planning and Administration. She is an Associate with the Institute of Taxation in Ireland.
Anna is the firm's designated Family Law Solicitor. She advises on all aspects of Family Law including Separation Agreements, Judicial Separation, Divorce, Post-Divorce proceedings, Uncontested Divorces, Guardianship, Custody/Joint Custody, Paternity Cases, Access, Financial Settlements, Support/Maintenance matters.
She also advises on Litigation at all levels including District Court, Circuit Court and High Court together with employment and personal injury litigation in Ireland. Anna has completed a Diploma in Civil Litigation with the Law Society of Ireland.